Excessive earwax buildup is a common problem that can lead to ear discomfort, itchy ears or partial loss of hearing. Debrox® is a safe, gentle, and non-irritating way to remove earwax build-up in the privacy of your own home.
Debrox® safely removes excessive earwax through the power of microfoam cleansing action. When drops are placed in the ear, oxygen is released. This release allows Debrox® to foam on contact as it gently softens and loosens earwax. The sustained microfoam cleansing action of Debrox® may make mild bubbling or crackling sounds. This is not cause for alarm and is evidence of Debrox® hard at work inside your ear. Once broken down, earwax is able to naturally drain from the ear. Ears are relieved of built-up earwax, dirt, and other debris so you can return back to daily life without muffled hearing.
Any earwax remaining after treatment may be removed by gently flushing the ear with warm water, using the included soft rubber bulb ear syringe.
The Debrox® Earwax Removal kit includes Debrox® Drops and a soft rubber bulb ear syringe. It is gentle enough for children ages 12 and up, yet strong enough for an adult.
FOR USE IN EAR ONLY
Adults and children over 12 years of age:
- tilt head sideways
- place 5 to 10 drops into ear
- tip of applicator should not enter ear canal
- keep drops in ear for several minutes by keeping head tilted or placing cotton in ear
- use twice daily for up to four days if needed, or as directed by a doctor
- any wax remaining after the last treatment may be removed by gently flushing ear with warm water, using a soft rubber bulb syringe
Children under 12 years: consult a doctor
|Carbamide peroxide 6.5%||Earwax removal aid|
Inactive ingredients: citric acid, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, water
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- ear drainage or discharge
- ear pain
- irritation or rash in the ear
- an injury or perforation (hole) of the eardrum
- recently had ear surgery
When using this product avoid contact with the eyes
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you need to use for more than four days
- excessive earwax remains after use of this product
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
What is the “treatment”? Is it one use of drops/one day of using the drops?
- A Debrox® treatment is defined as the total consecutive period of time that you use the earwax drops for. This can range from (1) to (4) days depending on how long you need to treat your ears for. We recommend treating your ears with drops 2x per day until your ears no longer feel clogged. If after (4) days of treating you still are experiencing symptoms of clogged ears, we recommend you consult your physician.
How many days can I/should I use this product for?
- You can use this product for up to (4) consecutive days, applying 5-10 drops in your ear 2x/day. If your ears continue to remain clogged after 4 days of treatment, we recommend consulting your physician.
Can I use the product for more than 4 consecutive days?
- If symptoms persist after 4 consecutive days of treatment, we recommend you consult your physician.
How do I know when my treatment is over?
- We recommend that you stop Debrox® treatment when you no longer are experiencing clogged ears.
If my ears feel better before the 4 days is over, can I discontinue use?
- Yes. You can stop Debrox® treatments once you no longer feel that your ears are clogged with excessive earwax.
How long do I need to use this product for?
- Debrox® treatment times will vary from person to person depending on the amount of excessive earwax that needs to be removed. We recommend placing 5-10 drops of Debrox in the clogged ear 2x/day for up to 4 days or until your ears no longer feel clogged by excess ear wax, whichever occurs first. Please review and follow the enclosed usage directions on the product label before placing in your ears.
If wax is coming out of my ear, do I need to continue using the drops?
- Wax coming out of the ear is a sign that the Debrox® treatment is working. We recommend continuing to use 5-10 drops in the affected ear 2x/day until the ear no longer feels clogged or you have treated for 4 consecutive days, whichever comes first. If you ear continues to feel clogged after the 4th day of treatment, we recommend consulting your physician.
How many drops do I need to put in my ear?
- We recommend placing between 5-10 drops for Debrox® in the affected ear. You should use enough drops to fill the ear canal so the product can react and work to dissolve any excess ear wax in the ear.
How long should the drops stay in my ear?
- We recommend keeping the Debrox® drops in your ear for several minutes (5-10 minutes).
How do I know the product is working?
- In many cases you will hear the Debrox® foaming action in your ear as it dissolved the ear wax. However, if your ears are severely clogged you sometimes cannot hear the foaming action taking place but typically will see wax coming out of your ear as the drops drain from your ear.
Can I put drops in both ears at the same time?
- We recommend treating placing drops of Debrox® in one ear at a time to ensure the drops stay in your ear for several minutes to help dissolve the excess ear wax. Please review and follow the enclosed usage directions on the product label before placing in your ears.
FLUSHING OF THE EARS
When do I flush my ears with the syringe?
- You should flush your ears using lukewarm water after your final Debrox® treatment to remove any ear wax that hasn’t been dissolved during your treatment with a soft rubber bulb ear syringe (enclosed in the Debrox Earwax Removal Kit).
Can I flush my ears after the first time I use the drops?
- Yes. You can flush you ears using lukewarm water after the first usage of Debrox® drops if you feel that your ears are no longer clogged and do not need to use the drops again.
Do you flush each time or after 4 days?
- You should flush your ears using lukewarm water after completing the Debrox® ear wax treatment, which is once your ears, are no longer clogged or after you have treated with 5-10 drops in the affected ear 2x/day for (4) consecutive days. If your ears continue to feel clogged after (4) days of treatment, we recommend consulting with your physician.
Can I flush when my ears are clogged or feel plugged?
- You should only flush your ear using lukewarm water when you have completed your treatment of Debrox® which should be once your ears are not longer clogged or after you have treated with 5-10 drops in the affected ear 2x/day for (4) consecutive days. If your ears continue to feel clogged after (4) days of treatment, we recommend consulting with your physician.
Do I need to drain (i.e. tilt head to allow drops to drain out of ear) my ears after each use?
- Yes. We recommend draining your ears after the Debrox® drops have been applied and in your ears for 5-10 minutes. You can so this by gently tilting your head and allowing the drops drain out of your ears. Doing this allows the drops and any loose or dissolved earwax to drain from your ear.
Can I use Q-tips to clean out my ears after using the drops?
- No – we do not recommend using Q-tips to help remove excess ear wax as you may push wax deeper into the ear canal and potentially rupture your ear drum.